Today’s video baby monitors aren’t just another gimmick. They’re useful tools for parents who must be away or simply out of the room sometimes. And these high-tech devices can play an important role in good parenting.
In fact, a wifi baby monitor is an essential tool for all parents – whether you’re just in the next room or checking in from the other side of the world. Versatile, affordable and sensible, the right wifi monitor for baby is something every parent needs.
Here are 7 undeniable benefits of having a video baby monitor or system of monitoring cameras in your baby’s room:
- Relieve your anxiety in just a few clicks. If you have the right wifi baby monitor, all you have to do is open an Android or iPhone app to see how your baby’s doing. You can listen for sounds in the room, and some models even allow you to zoom in. Even when you’re at home, you can save a trip to the nursery and get instant feedback – without the risk of waking the baby.
- See rather than just hear. Some people still use audio baby monitors, and those old-fashioned devices are fine if they’re placed near enough to the child – and if all you want to know is whether your baby is crying or not. But a child’s room can be filled with strange noises at times, and wouldn’t it be nice to see what’s causing them? It’s better to look in on a false alarm than fail to realize when your baby needs help.
- Find out if your baby is really sleeping. Some babies and even older children may lay quietly in bed – but they’re not really sleeping. This can account for a grumpy mood when they’re awake and other health concerns. With a video baby monitor, you can see if your child is really asleep. If they aren’t, you can address the issue with a doctor and work to correct the problem.
- See in the dark. Your eyes may not allow you to see what’s happening when the lights are off, but the right wifi baby monitor can see in the dark. The MobiCam HDX HD WiFi Pan & Tilt Monitoring System (LINK) can see up to 40 feet in the dark and allows you to zoom in even when using its advanced night vision. If you buy the wrong IP camera, those options may not be available to you.
- Monitor health issues. Whether your baby has a chronic health issue or just a stuffy nose, a video baby monitor allows you to make sure your child isn’t getting worse or having an episode – without interrupting their sleep or your routine. Video baby monitors can help with children who have asthma, epilepsy and a host of physical challenges.
- Check on more than just the baby. Wifi baby monitors allow for monitoring from anywhere in the world. That means that you can check up on the babysitter when you’re away for an extended period. Having one or more cameras in place can also help give grandparents or other relatives who may be staying with your baby the peace of mind that comes from knowing you’re always available to help and can see, hear and talk back when necessary.
- Record and share precious moments. Even if you aren’t there yourself, you can use your IP camera to record and share precious moments that might otherwise have gone unseen. This means you can be more a part of your baby’s life than many parents ever thought possible – because every moment is another step in the growing-up process that you deserve to experience.
A carefully chosen video baby monitor isn’t just for knowing when a baby’s crying. It can provide undeniable benefits for all types of parents and help the whole family stay involved as your baby becomes a toddler and beyond.